Swansea City vs Chelsea
Competition: Barclays Premier League
Venue: Liberty Stadium
Date: Sunday; September 10; 2016
Kick off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Andre Marriner
Managers: Francesco Guidolin; Antonio Conte
Head to Head Stats (Last 6 matches):
EPL 09-04-2016 FT Swansea 1 : 0 Chelsea
EPL 08-08-2015 FT Chelsea 2 : 2 Swansea
EPL 17-01-2015 FT Swansea 0 : 5 Chelsea
EPL 13-09-2014 FT Chelsea 4 : 2 Swansea
EPL 13-04-2014 FT Swansea 0 : 1 Chelsea
EPL 26-12-2013 FT Chelsea 1 : 0 Swansea
Swansea team news:
- Club record signing Borja Baston has stepped up his recovery over the international break and could come into contention on Sunday. Other than that, no serious changes are expected from the home side.
Chelsea team news:
- Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has new signings Marcos Alonso and David Luiz available after they were signed on deadline day. However, only Luiz is likely to start against Swansea, in what would be his first game in a Chelsea shirt since 2014.
- There still doesn’t appear a way back into the starting XI for Cesc Fabregas, who will probably start the match from the bench against Swansea. Kurt Zouma and Marko van Ginkel remain their only injury absentees.
- Diego Costa has scored five goals in three matches against Swansea.
Swansea predicted starting line-up: Fabianski; Naughton, Fernandez, Amat, Kingsley; Fer, Cork; Routledge, Sigurdsson, Barrow; Llorente
Chelsea predicted starting line-up: Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Kante; Willian, Oscar, Matic, Hazard; Costa
Match facts (via Opta):
- Swansea have lost their last two league matches – they have yet to lose three successive league games under Francesco Guidolin.
- After failing to score in 11 Premier League games last season, Leroy Fer has scored in two of his three outings this season.
- Antonio Conte could become the fourth Blues manager to win his opening four Premier League matches, joining Jose Mourinho, Guus Hiddink and Carlo Ancelotti.
- Chelsea won their first four league games in all four of their title-winning seasons: 2004-05, 2005-06, 2009-10 and 2014-15.
- Diego Costa has scored five Premier League goals against Swansea, more than he has managed against any other side.
- Eden Hazard has scored six goals in his last eight league games, having failed to score in his previous 29.
- Antonio Conte was unbeaten as a manager against Francesco Guidolin in their Serie A meetings (W6, D1).
Prediction: Swansea 0-2 Chelsea